Friday, September 21, 2012

Pictures!

dear erik,

apparently, my body-clock hasn't quite worked things out yet.  it's almost 6am, but i've been awake since about 4 and just can't get back to sleep.  normally ten hours would seem like plenty, but i'm a little worried about missing a whole night.  that's gotta be not-so-good for you, right? 

i am going to attempt to load some pictures.  think happy thoughts.

this is megan and i upon our arrival at the hotel.  europe here we are!  the geisha lady is on the wall next to megan's bed.

this is the geisha lady next to my bed.  we got a 'studio'.  'cos we're fancy.

this is what you see when you walk out the front of the hotel.  look kids - big ben!  parliment!


 this is queen boudicea (sp?) and her daughters.  she was a warrior queen who led her people against the romans.  i know, 'cos i saw a tv movie about it.

the london eye and the aquarium.  i was very pleased we got a suitably 'british' day for our first walk.


missing mom in the gift shop of the national theater.


strange foliage by the thames.

we couldn't tell if this guy was helping his friend up, or was kicking him in the face.  "this is MY roof!  don't come up!"

all right.  i'm off to do some research about what fabulous, touristy things we can do today!  i'm also kind of excited about breakfast in a few hours...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Merr - This is my second try. My first comment was gobbled up by gremlins, or lost in cyberspace. It was so witty that I will try to re-create it. It went something like this:

    I am VERY happy that you are in London and enjoying the scenery and weather. It is perfect today in Media. Amelia, Clara and I assembled the jigsaw version of the world map, all 18 pieces. I showed them where their Aunt Merry is today (right there under the image of Big Ben). They are happy for you but I think a bit peeved that you didn't offer to take them.

    I would write more but you nknow how tiring it can be capitalizing the first word of each sentence. Bother! And of course I am very busy doing things of consequence here in Media.

    Father

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm SO glad you understand about the capitalizing! you know - some people actually make fun of me for that?

      sorry to hear about the first message, but this one was lovely. glad you and the girls are keeping busy. i love you!

      Delete